New Software Releases: BLAM 1.2 and ValueCapper 2.2

Welcome to the Wizards' Forum!
Bob Harris
Site Admin

Re: New Software Releases: BLAM 1.2 and ValueCapper 2.2

Post by Bob Harris » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:26 pm

Jon,

I left notes on 4-5 races after 3pm PT…I’m away from my laptop but you should see some races with black boxes around them. I was able to see your notes and those from other Wizards ok.
You don't get paid extra for being clever!

Michael Pizzolla

Jdhanover

Post by Jdhanover » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:07 am

Thx Bob - need to click following to see these...thought we would see the megaphone symbol but that is only those you put out to share (maybe a diff symbol/color could be added for those others share?)

EDIT I see the race has a dotted line box around it is shared....awesome!!

Also - not sure who CLH1223 is, but I see you are sharing a few races but there are no notes. That would be helpful as to which horse and why. Just FYI

Bob Harris
Site Admin

Post by Bob Harris » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:01 pm

Good participation with the Follow Me feature so far…I see DrTom shared a beauty with Mahoning 1 today (1/11/24).

I am seeing an occasional name pop up with no notes. It looks like some are choosing to share races but not writing down any notes…never occurred to me as an option but I guess that can be helpful in pointing out potential to look at.

Michael Pizzolla

Thor

Post by Thor » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:44 am

Was a beautiful hit and I was locked out by TVG!

Jdhanover

Post by Jdhanover » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:19 am

Bob - I didn't want to just do it without asking...but maybe we should have an ongoing "Follow Me" thread for questions/comments about Follow Me races? Sort of an ongoing Roundtable, except we dont post the races we are looking at in advance, just questions or comments
I'll leave it up to you, but I think that could be very helpful as people can easily find the follow me races.

And a shout out to you guys for a GREAT add!
Jon

Bob Harris
Site Admin

Post by Bob Harris » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:38 pm

That’s not a bad idea, Jon!

At some point we’re going to stream line the forum quite a bit. Matt did a great job setting up the initial version years ago but after some time, we’ve noticed certain areas get used often, many others are never used. It could definitely use a de cluttering so it’s not so difficult to know where to post and where to look for answers.

Feel free to start a temporary thread…I do think a Follow Me subsection in the future is a great idea!!

Michael Pizzolla

RSKERK

Post by RSKERK » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:02 pm

I haven't really had time, yet, too deep dive into "follow me". Wow. To all of you involved with these updates, tremendous job. With that said, I'm not sure this is even possible? Not a computer honk. Is it possible to just have the discussion right on the race itself? Like a "live" thread on the race with "follow me" open? Or do you need to restart VC to see any new comment typed there by the original person who starred the race? You know how people on UTube have live video's with a scrolling comment section? That can't be possible to do right? Craig probably just sat down to take a breather. Just thoughts..........Rob
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.............Nuke Laloosh

xman1

Post by xman1 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:36 pm

Don't mean to sound like an idiot but where does one find this video?

Xman

M_Walk

Post by M_Walk » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:47 pm

It's on the 1st page of this thread.
Mark Walker!

Bob Harris
Site Admin

Post by Bob Harris » Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:04 pm

We’ve kicked around the idea of a live chat function…something where you can have a real time conversation with other Wizards about anything you want. Screen space would be an issue for some and we’d need to make sure the server can handle it (we had a minor server issue today related to Follow Me).

I know the videos you’re talking about Rob…personally they give me a headache trying to keep up with all the comments. I might be able to handle 4-5 others as long as they didn’t get too chatty.

If any others would like something along those lines, speak up.

Michael Pizzolla