New Software Releases: BLAM 1.2 and ValueCapper 2.2

Welcome to the Wizards' Forum!
Jdhanover

Re: New Software Releases: BLAM 1.2 and ValueCapper 2.2

Post by Jdhanover » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:34 pm

Whether it was the Windows update (thx Rob)! or what you did, the video works well now...and is extremely easy to follow.

Speaking of 'follow' - what a great feature!! Hoping lots of Wizards use it...and not just on Saturdays! NOTE: I shared 3 races for today (Wednesday) - any/all feedback would be great (even if not you look some time after the races are run...more interested in whether or not the value is there or not vs the results....though wins would be nice of course!)

Thx Craig, Bob, Sam and anyone else who helped with this update!!

Some great new features....and hopefully the live tote issues get resolved soon. [Not to cause ANY issue - and ignore this if out of line...but a few years back I had used HSH software...he did get a live odds feed into that program. Not sure if Dave Schwartz would be willing to help us out, but maybe he could help answer some questions/issues?

Bob Harris
Site Admin

Post by Bob Harris » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:04 am

Not out of line but it’s going to be a bit on the live odds. Michael had a written plan of succession but it takes some time to implement these things because family members are grieving and don’t really want to delve immediately into legal matters.

The decision was made to work on some Wizard suggestions, some ideas already in the hopper and also a new set of pars with the manual adjustments. I think the update turned out really nice, Craig worked extremely hard getting that out to everyone.

Live odds has already been a part of VC in some prototypes Michael had running…he was always testing different features and ideas. Odds data can be obtained one of two ways: scraping it from other websites (not considered illegal by most for private use but completely different situation when part of commercial software) or, entering into a contract to buy and reuse it. Post Time Solutions will obviously only be doing things which are 100% legal and above board.

Craig is very much on top of the legal and financial / banking issues which are still outstanding and once those have all been resolved, we can start looking at data possibilities for implementing live odds.
You don't get paid extra for being clever!

Michael Pizzolla

danbeeks

Post by danbeeks » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:55 am

Hi Bob, Are there instructions on how to use the new features? I'd like to participate . You indicated 3 races yesterday I see there is a box around 4 Race Track & Race Number. Are there notes we can add/view for everyone's reasoning on a race, ect...

Bob Harris
Site Admin

Post by Bob Harris » Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:22 am

Hi Dan,

In Craig’s initial post announcing the update, there is a link to an instructional video (should be highlighted blue) which should answer most questions.

I’m not sure what will show up on dates previous to yesterday’s rollout, races were being turned on and off, simple notes were being jotted down and updated, all to test functionality before being disseminated.

If you share a race, you’ll see a megaphone appear on both the list of races and at the top where the race info is. I just hit the Control and then the / buttons to turn races on and off.

If you aren’t sharing races but follow people who are, you will see a rectangular box around the race in your list. That box means that at least one person whom you follow has made notes about the race. By opening the race and then clicking on “Follow Me”, you’ll see the name and notes they’ve written.

Michael Pizzolla

danbeeks

Post by danbeeks » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:43 am

Thanks Bob, I found it. I love being able to add BlackMagic columns to VC as well as the Follow Me feature.

Jdhanover

Post by Jdhanover » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:46 am

Thx Bob and makes sense. Certainly understand the family related issues and legal restrictions

FYI I shared three races… two are now scratched. But if any of you have the time to look at those (pre-scratch) I’d appreciate feedback on my logic

Thx!!

CoachB

Post by CoachB » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:51 am

Coach B here
Having issues downloading the new release, it states you must turn it off -confused about what and how?
Thank you

Bob Harris
Site Admin

Post by Bob Harris » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:08 am

I’m assuming you’re talking about closing the program? When you launch VC or BLAM, the update dialogue will show up. When it says to close the software, do it like you always would. The update dialogue should still be there (sometimes it moves down to the bottom of the screen…just click on it again).

Keep hitting yes or next until you’re finished.

Michael Pizzolla

kbguy

Post by kbguy » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:35 am

I did all of the above and now VC won't open. The hour glass goes on and then off and VC won't open. Any ideas?
John

Thor

Post by Thor » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:37 pm

Found this thread, ignore my other post.....

BRAVO!

Really nice enhancements, I like being able to pick the old Blam columns (not sure which ones will be selected), but really like the follow me option. It brings a great sense of community.

Keep it coming!

Best - Roger