New Software Releases: BLAM 1.2 and ValueCapper 2.2

Welcome to the Wizards' Forum!
Craig Micallef
Site Admin

New Software Releases: BLAM 1.2 and ValueCapper 2.2

Post by Craig Micallef » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:15 pm

Wizards,

I am pleased to announce the availability of Black Magic 1.2.0 and ValueCapper 2.2.0. These releases contain several new features:
  • New 2024 Track Performance Pars
  • Manual "AccuPar" Adjustments
  • New Import/Export Wizard for managing betting records and manual TPP adjustments
  • Follow Me feature: follow races shared by other wizards and share races that interest you
  • (VC only) Make more columns available in the ValueCapper summary grid
  • (VC only) Split up Value Advisor: Yellow portfolio into Yellow and Orange portfolios

I have also recorded a demo video walking through these new features.

These updates should be appearing automatically when you open BLAM or VC. You may also begin the update process by going to the Help menu and selecting "Check for Software Updates".

If you have any issues or questions, please reach out, either here on the Forum, or by contacting PTS support: support@posttimedaily.com.
Craig Micallef

Jdhanover

Re: New Software Releases: BLAM 1.2 and ValueCapper 2.2

Post by Jdhanover » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:26 pm

Thx Craig - FWIW - doesnt look like demo plays on my SurfacePro - says no compatible player. May just be my machine but I know others have SurfacePros

BTW, how far off do you think the live tote is (no promises I know, just curious)

Jon

M_Walk

Post by M_Walk » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:28 pm

It doesn't play on my laptop!
Mark Walker!

Bob Harris
Site Admin

Post by Bob Harris » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:32 pm

I've got the same issue...sent Craig a screenshot. I've tried Edge and Chrome...we'll get it straightened out.
You don't get paid extra for being clever!

Michael Pizzolla

Scratch

Post by Scratch » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:14 pm

Sorry about the video issues...there always seems to be a glitch whenever there's a new release. :o

I think it should be working now. If anyone is still having issues, please let us know.

Thank you.

RSKERK

Post by RSKERK » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:36 pm

Hey everyone, there is a new update you need to do to your laptop/surface from Window's 1st before you download VC updates. Mine is working just dandy. Both to my laptop & to my SurfacePro. Maybe it was just a coincidence? IDK?
Craig, really well done man. Excellent job with the video........Rob
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.............Nuke Laloosh

Craig Micallef
Site Admin

Post by Craig Micallef » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:44 pm

Jdhanover wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:26 pm
Thx Craig - FWIW - doesnt look like demo plays on my SurfacePro - says no compatible player. May just be my machine but I know others have SurfacePros

BTW, how far off do you think the live tote is (no promises I know, just curious)

Jon
Jon,

It will likely be a few months, at the least. It's less a technical issue than a business/legal one right now. It is definitely the #1 feature on the list!
Craig Micallef

Bob Harris
Site Admin

Post by Bob Harris » Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:59 pm

I doubt there will be many questions but should you have one, Private Messages come directly to my phone. Sam and I have been working with these updates for quite awhile so we should be able to answer any questions quickly. Enjoy!!

Michael Pizzolla

DrTom

Post by DrTom » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:17 pm

Thank you Craig!
I really appreciate your acknowledgement of Michael and the positive impact he had in all areas of your life.
I had the same experience.
The sharing feature is very cool and I will take advantage of it!
If you or anyone else can share some guidelines and principles on how to handle the manual pace adjustments, that would be appreciated. Master Handicapper was before my time :)
Again, thank you for keeping the dream alive!
Tom
That which doesn't kill you will eventually stop hurting.

Bob Harris
Site Admin

Post by Bob Harris » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:52 pm

Hi Tom,

In my experience, when you find a number which looks strange, it’s easier to forget about the MP number and look at the number range the horse usually runs early and also the range for late (I usually sort by just the good races when I can). Then it’s just a matter of adjusting the fractional ratings gradually until they fall into the “normal range”. Just trying to fix the MP number may give you problems on races sorted early or late.

My two cents, I’m sure other TMH old timers will have some advice.

Michael Pizzolla