Yes, Craig.. sounds like a great plan.

Thank you!
Matt Russell
Wizards Forum Moderator

"Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose" - Master Yoda

bradh

Re: Roadmap

Post by bradh » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:47 pm

Love the idea of the live odds. A couple of other platforms have this in place and it could be a real game changer.

Thanks for all of the efforts to keep ValueCapper moving forward....Michael would enjoy everyone coming together to keep his philosophy and life's passion alive.

DrTom

Post by DrTom » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:25 pm

I agree that live odds would be transformational! Really would take ValueCapper to the next level. Thanks! Tom
That which doesn't kill you will eventually stop hurting.

RSKERK

Post by RSKERK » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:32 pm

Can someone explain why live odds on the VC screen is important? My laptop is right next to VC monitor with ADW open on any race I want giving me live odds & exotic pools. Or if I'm at TB Downs the race I'm looking to invest in is right in front of me. If the tote odds go live on the VC screen will someone (ADW) need access to my computer to "pipe" them through the software?
Also, if the live odds are meshed with software, wouldn't the arc constantly change up until post of race?
Say a horse is above random at 3-1/3-1/4-1 and the tote is 14-1. This horse now becomes a VT horse & possible VIP?
Maybe someone wants to look for an overlay-(value) race by race by race by race over 10 different tracks? IDK?
I'm sure I'm concerned for no reason. What's the benefit? Thanks everyone.................Rob
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.............Nuke Laloosh

DrTom

Post by DrTom » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:44 pm

RSKERK wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:32 pm
Can someone explain why live odds on the VC screen is important? My laptop is right next to VC monitor with ADW open on any race I want giving me live odds & exotic pools. Or if I'm at TB Downs the race I'm looking to invest in is right in front of me. If the tote odds go live on the VC screen will someone (ADW) need access to my computer to "pipe" them through the software?
Also, if the live odds are meshed with software, wouldn't the arc constantly change up until post of race?
Say a horse is above random at 3-1/3-1/4-1 and the tote is 14-1. This horse now becomes a VT horse & possible VIP?
Maybe someone wants to look for an overlay-(value) race by race by race by race over 10 different tracks? IDK?
I'm sure I'm concerned for no reason. What's the benefit? Thanks everyone.................Rob
I think the value of live odds isn't something that should change the line or the order of the line.
Sometimes we're playing a lot of tracks and a horse doesn't show to be a VTR ends up being ignored by the public. This could be a race where you didn't see potential in advance, but the public just did something you didn't anticipate. There is cognitive overhead related to changing applications so there is an advantage to having this information integrated into the primary application, which is VC. And you're right, if I'm following 10 tracks or more, click through the VC interface and looking for good deals in a just-in-time approach can pay off. So many times I've seen a race that would have ignored turn up with a contention line in the blue at 3-1 end up being 12-1 on the board. There's no way I could click back and forth between VC and the browser to see where those deals are happening, since I'd have to try to remember all the contention line odds over the contender and correlate those with the live odds. That's why I think live odds will really change our game.
Thanks! -Tom
That which doesn't kill you will eventually stop hurting.

Bob Harris
Site Admin

Post by Bob Harris » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:07 pm

I've seen prototypes of Live Odds on Michael's computer...Sam really liked it, I wasn't sure I would find much use for it...maybe on the few days a year I go to a racebook and some of the screens are hard to see. At home, I use my RTN subscription and can see everything fine.

It wouldn't change the ARC, that part of the screen would remain static. Ideally, it would run in the Tote column (mine is right next to VCP) and you would be able to see potential bets instantly as you scrolled through the races coming up. In our staff meetings, the idea of alerts being pushed to the user was also tossed around as a possibility...my ears perked up immediately with that idea...we've all missed nice winners on a busy Saturday because too many races are getting ready to go off at the same time. An alert system from live odds would definitely be handy to me.
You don't get paid extra for being clever!

Michael Pizzolla

Bob Harris
Site Admin

Post by Bob Harris » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:31 pm

Rob, to your question:

I'm fairly confident Live Odds will become a reality...in my conversations with Michael about it, the legality and security aspects were non-negotiable. Apparently there are ways to illegally get the information and he obviously refused to even consider that. The security of both the software and the equipment was paramount. Ideally, an on/off switch would be part of the update but I don't write code...some users may find flashing numbers distracting while they work.

Michael Pizzolla

RSKERK

Post by RSKERK » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:07 pm

Thanks guys. Your right about arc, I mis-spoke. Sorry about that fuss. We're all different bettors. I have whittled down my wagers to a select few (7-10) a week. Thinking about it, I think it would be nice during huge days like any of the Derby prep days/ TC days or BreedersCup day? Some $2 win bets. And just like BM & VC is geared towards win bets, so will the live odds I'd assume. Anyone that bets into exotic pools will still have to go "Old School".
Oh the world we are living in huh? Push notifications for a horserace? I can't stop laughing. I guess there will finally be a reason to own/wear an Apple or Galaxy Watch. Your at Home Depot & get an alert a TAG is 19-1.
And Bob, not surprising Michael was looking out for our best interest..............Rob
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.............Nuke Laloosh

Bob Harris
Site Admin

Post by Bob Harris » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:25 pm

🤣 Yep, the technology is here…I can see us ending a few marriages with push notifications.

Michael Pizzolla