Roadmap

Welcome to the Wizards' Forum!
Craig Micallef
Site Admin

Roadmap

Post by Craig Micallef » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:52 am

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, both in the U.S. and abroad. This past month has been very difficult, but the support we have given each other during this time has been very encouraging. I am very thankful to be part of this remarkable group of people.

I also want to provide our specific plans for the coming weeks and months. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the Feature Requests and Forum Subscriptions threads. Please do not be discouraged if you don't see your request below; the following are items we are committing to in the near-term, but they are not necessarily the only things. Those items mentioned in previous threads will continue to be taken into consideration, and Post Time Labs has its own set of features which continually undergo experimentation.

Mid December
We are going through Michael's recording archives. To say there is a lot there would be an understatement. Unfortunately, the videos and audios are scattered across multiple physical and virtual locations. This was content that Michael managed personally, so it may take some time before we can find it all and make it available. It may also mean that the content we do republish won't be in the original order.

We expect to release this content in tranches over the coming months, starting in December. We will also periodically highlight a video for wider discussion; the videos were full of nuggets that deserve to be reheard. Republished content will be listed in the usual place on this forum.

Early January
Free updates to both ValueCapper and Black Magic will be released with the following additions. Please note that a couple of these are ValueCapper only:
  • Updated Track Performance Pars (full update across all tracks, distances, and surfaces).
  • The ability to make your own manual TPP adjustments.
  • A new "Follow Me" feature which lets subscribers track races of interest from their fellow Wizards.
  • Make all summary grid columns available for display (VC only).
  • Break up "Value Advisor: Yellow" portfolio into two portfolios: "Yellow" and "Orange" (VC only).
  • Several small bug fixes.

Sometime in 2024
The following will make an appearance in 2024, though it is difficult to pinpoint an exact timeframe:
  • Live tote odds
  • Tote-based alerts

While we don't want to overpromise, this is hopefully just the start. Thank you for your continued support and please stay tuned!
Craig Micallef

Jdhanover

Re: Roadmap

Post by Jdhanover » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:59 am

Thx Craig - all sounds great....particularly the live tote odds. Would be a huge help.

Hope you and everyone has a Happy Turkey Day!

Jon

thebeacondeacon

Post by thebeacondeacon » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:03 am

Craig, my heartfelt thanks to you, on this special day of remembrance, for stepping up to support the best handicapping products on the planet. Michael's untimely passing has created a time of transition, undoubtedly, but he is smiling, wherever he is, at you and your positive energy and willingness to carry out the work he has set into motion.

Best regards,

thebeacondeacon
"Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better" -- Pat Riley, President, Miami Heat

Bob Harris
Site Admin

Post by Bob Harris » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:15 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Yes, Craig has some exciting ideas for the future…we’re in excellent hands!!
You don't get paid extra for being clever!

Michael Pizzolla

RSKERK

Post by RSKERK » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:59 pm

Thanks Craig. I appreciate the monumental task you are beginning to take on here. People may think BM & VC are a turnkey system? I'm willing to wager it is the complete opposite. As tracks & the timing of races begin to change, it must be a challenge.
Example: Canterbury timing races from the gate next year?
I'm a creature of habit. I like VC how it is. But, change can be good if it will be beneficial to all. I just remember a great man once said, "Too much salt Wizards".
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.........Rob
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.............Nuke Laloosh

veech2203

Post by veech2203 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:33 am

Thank you Craig, I can't imagine how hard this is for you. All of your efforts do not go unnoticed Best Vinnie

CLH1233

Post by CLH1233 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:53 am

I want to say thanks to Craig, Bob, and Sam for their hard work in this unfortunate time of transition.

Chris

drewclear

Post by drewclear » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:59 am

Thanks your ongoing work is greatly appreciated!

Tom

Easygoer

Post by Easygoer » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:04 am

This is the best tribute to Micheal one can do. Thank you.

loblolly74

Post by loblolly74 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:27 am

Thanks guys for the no charge on this month's bill, it's really appreciated, and thanks for all the work you're putting in on Blam and VC

Rich
Yep, I;m still playing