Feature Requests

Welcome to the Wizards' Forum!
RSKERK

Re: Feature Requests

Post by RSKERK » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:31 pm

JD, you can just go into portfolio's and uncheck RED races. Poof, gone.
Captureportfolios.PNG
We also have the ability to hide races. Just right click the race, hit discard race and it will put it in the discarded races portfolio. I tried to hide a couple 4-1/2f races at Charlestown once. But then I found myself scrambling to retrieve them because 1 of the races I needed was 1 of the legs in a pick 4. Did I need to hit the all button or did VC give me say 2 horses above random with a massive gap? Anyway, maybe this helps a little.........Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.............Nuke Laloosh

Jdhanover

Post by Jdhanover » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:47 pm

Thx Rob

As for 'hiding' - was thinking about a group of races....maybe if there is a way to discard a bunch at once (e.g. hold shift key idea that I posted)

PS - sent you a text about Sat Dec 2 at TAM - that will work on my end (ignore my PMs to the contrary)

dlisenberg

Post by dlisenberg » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:25 pm

I agree with the ability to add columns in VC mode. While I appreciate the minimalism, I do like seeing the LF in turf races and MP in dirt

tomdowse

Post by tomdowse » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:42 pm

I mainly use the Black Magic screen and make all betting decisions from it. I take notes as necessary to process the information I am seeing. I prefer to make betting decisions using my own experience rather than relying on a computer generated oddsline ( I recognize how good it is). I am always focused on getting value. I also use the Breeding #s as an essential part of my handicapping analysis. I sincerely hope that these numbers are kept up to date to include new sires once their offspring have had a sufficient # or races. And I would hope that par times are kept to date with periodic updates.

Bob Harris
Site Admin

Post by Bob Harris » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:54 pm

Hi Tom!

The breeding numbers are updated periodically throughout the year and will continue to be in the future.

The performance pars have historically been updated every couple of years, they honestly don’t change much unless there’s been a surface change or maybe a new distance added. Both Black Magic and ValueCapper are scheduled for a par update in the first quarter of 2024.
You don't get paid extra for being clever!

Michael Pizzolla

drewclear

Post by drewclear » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:39 am

One thing I would 'love" added to Value Capper is live odds in the tote column.

Tom

Jdhanover

Post by Jdhanover » Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:42 am

drewclear wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:39 am
One thing I would 'love" added to Value Capper is live odds in the tote column.

Tom

This would be great. I used to use HSH; they figured out a way to do this and it was extremely valuable. I'd put this at the very top of my list!!

Jon

chaoscollier

Post by chaoscollier » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:44 pm

Sad Sad news. We miss you Michael......

I thought about 2 things. I would like to sort the claiming races out for ease and somehow I would like to look at 4 year old and up races. When I go back through my 50 years of records that is when I was most consistent for profits. Just wondering?

Chaos thanks

tomdowse

Post by tomdowse » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:34 pm

To Bob Harris, thanks for the reply to my note. I'm glad to hear that the breeding #s will be kept up to date and the par times periodically updated.

It's good to hear that you will be involved in keeping things going. Best, Tom

Gerard03

Post by Gerard03 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:45 am

How about a live chat room?