An Update and Thank You

Welcome to the Wizards' Forum!
Craig Micallef
Site Admin

An Update and Thank You

Post by Craig Micallef » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:46 am

First, I would like to thank you all for the generous show of sympathy and condolence to Michael's family and friends. It has been incredibly heartening.

Second, many have asked if a service has been planned for Michael. The family has been understandably shaken and has not planned a memorial service at this time.

However, I would like to ask that we, his Wizard family, honor his memory with our own tribute. We would like to put together an area on the posttimedaily.com website containing photos of and stories about Michael. We are all still in a state of shock, I am sure, but the hope is that with time the fond memories, anecdotes, and stories we've all had about Michael will help to heal the hurt we feel. Details on how you can participate will be provided within the next week or so.

Lastly, we have gotten questions from several of you regarding the future of Value Tech the company, ValueCapper the software, and the Wizards' Forum. The first two are very easy to answer: we will carry on with business as usual. Data downloads and software support will continue.

The Wizards' Forum, however, is a tricker issue. As you know, aside from the interaction we have together on the forums, Michael's monthly videos have been the cornerstone of what we've provided here. While we may still provide new video content on occasion, it will not be on a monthly basis. Michael himself acknowledged that monthly videos were proving too burdensome to sustain and that alternative, value-added features would need to be provided. Several features have been in the works, but are not quite ready for production. The unfortunate timing of Michael's passing means that we have neither video nor feature to provide you at this time. That is obviously not satisfactory, so we are looking at free extensions to your Wizards' Forum membership until this new functionality is available. We will have specific details in the coming days, but please know that we want to do right by you. Michael's commitment to his Wizards, and indeed all of his customers, is a high standard which we will strive to continue.
Craig Micallef

DrTom

Re: An Update and Thank You

Post by DrTom » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:03 pm

Thank you, Craig.
That which doesn't kill you will eventually stop hurting.

Rodcfp

Re: An Update and Thank You

Post by Rodcfp » Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:58 pm

I for one, although a light user, want the forum to carry on, if for no other reason that a tribute to Michael.