Welcome To The Handicapping Wizards' Forum

Welcome to the Wizards' Forum!
Michael Pizzolla
Site Admin

Welcome To The Handicapping Wizards' Forum

Post by Michael Pizzolla » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:07 am

Dear Friends,

I'm excited for all of us as we begin to enter a new era in handicapping. Black Magic: The Ultimate Handicapper will allow you to manage your handicapping and the massive amount of data that's available in a way that's never been available before.

I am committed to making this Forum a community of successful players who are committed to improving their games, and learning about the process of handicapping, decision making and investing. Some of my comments seem as if they may apply to other parts of our day than handicapping, but as a wise man once said, 'How you do anything is how you do everything!'

I'm pleased as punch to have Bob, Matt, and Sam assisting me. Bob is just a flat out fine handicapper and great guy. He will bring the perspective of someone who has to be very judicious with his time and doesn't have all day to handicap. He has already developed techniques of streamlining the process, and one of his techniques shows up as one of the portfolios in Black Magic.

Matt brings the perspective of the scientist who is very passionate about handicapping. He's probably on the other end of the spectrum from Bob, and Matt will be happy to take a race apart, enjoying it like a fine wine to be savored. Bob would have been on the next race an hour ago! Matt's a dear friend, and he will understand when I have to ask him to slow down his very quick mind so I can keep up.

Other than me, because I designed The Master Handicapper program, there is no one who knows more about its nuances than Sam. Since some of the concepts in Black Magic have their roots in the old Master Handicapper program, Sam will be a great resource for the details about that. (Come to think of it, Bob has worked with TMH for a long time as well). Sam is a very sharp handicapper, and a heck of a great guy. Sam just knows how to get to the essence of a race, and is not afraid to find value.

I've known Bob, Matt, and Sam for many years, hold them as friends, and they have my complete confidence. I know that they will bring their unique perspectives to all of us. I have encouraged them to have their own voice on this Forum, and if they do things differently than I do, I expect them to say that, and they know it.

Don't be afraid to post, to ask your questions, and give your suggestions. If you can't figure out where to put a post, don't worry about it, if it needs to be moved, we'll do that. I will be using your questions as launching points for teaching, and will be addressing them on this Forum and also in audios and monthly DVDs. With the wonders of technology, these audios and DVDs will have up to the minute, cutting edge information dealing with what is happening NOW in racing.

I am so pleased that you have decided to be part of this, and I can't possibly thank you enough for your support and your enthusiasm.

Let's have some fun!

All the best,

Michael
All the best,

Michael

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci