Forum Subscriptions

Welcome to the Wizards' Forum!
loblolly74

Re: Forum Subscriptions

Post by loblolly74 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:50 am

Hi Bob (chuckle) I think you opened a flood gate of my mind. I had 4 other Wizards that I communicated with regularly But alas 3 have passed on and the 4th isn't in too good shape

I'm glad you posted me. I noticed the responses to the forum with instructive info had dropped off considerably. I didn't purchase the new program because I have several thousand hours study into Blam exotics over the past several years that being successful with Blam on a fairly often basis was pretty much common place.

I didn't purchase the new program because at my advanced age I was concerned that the new techniques would screw up my thought processes with what I'd already learned plus the problem I'd posted earlier, and I was concerned the Blam posts might interfere with the techniques dealing with the new program.

My basic steps are a weak odds line, a decent gap on the OPM odds line, There must be a gap on the MP column that matches with the OPM odds line and I need to see a gap on either the PP column for sprints or LF for routes

I like to look at the next day's races the night before to eliminate the non-contender races, this is mainly to save time and to have a non-stressed brain when time is critical, when I get to this point the last 5 minutes before post time is awfully busy

I did my basic look at today's races, last night and although there is only 44 races I marked 9 that might have potential. Now if I can end up with 1 or 2 races that might hit

There I am long winded again. I hope this gets some inquiries from other Wizards

loblolly 74
Rich
Yep, I;m still playing

M_Walk

Post by M_Walk » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:42 am

I would love to see the forum moderators do a zoom video talking about the great things they learned from Michael! Even a wizards forum video of us all saying how Michael impacted our lives and horse betting would be great! I still have a hard time believing he's gone because there was no indication of him being very sick or in the hospital or anything like that... :cry:
Mark Walker!

Bob Harris
Site Admin

Post by Bob Harris » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:58 pm

I'm game for anything, Mark!

Our last attempt at a joint video venture with Michael didn't go particularly well...20 or so would join the call but nobody would talk!

My last video call with Michael was late August...he was having breathing problems and very tired but nothing at the time seemed dire. I suggested putting a hold on the monthly video until his strength was back...a few days later he was in the hospital!

The last photo I have of him was sent from his hospital bed in late September...all wired up but a huge smile on his face! The staff wasn't trying to keep you guys in the dark, we truly had no idea he was seriously ill. During our video call, he did wave a thick envelope toward the camera containing his "final wishes". Even then, there was nothing in his demeanor that would lead anyone to believe he knew he was seriously ill.

The whole thing is very sad and unexpected. The only thing Craig, Sam, Matt and I know for sure is what he wanted to happen with the software, the Forum and the Wizards moving forward and we intend to honor his wishes with whomever choose to continue the journey. Maybe we'll have more information we can share in the future but that kind of depends on his family.
You don't get paid extra for being clever!

Michael Pizzolla

M_Walk

Post by M_Walk » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:36 pm

Thanks for the reply Bob! It's just heartbreaking to hear that about Michael! Here’s a man that was helping to take care of sick family members and now he's passed away. This is one of my favorite videos right here. You and Michael talking about ValueCapping and I'm definitely going to miss not seeing you two talking about the races!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark Walker!

Bob Harris
Site Admin

Post by Bob Harris » Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:09 pm

Ha!! Do you have any idea how hard I tried to get him to do a video in matching Hawaiian shirts? Just as a goof…couldn’t get that boy out of his suit!
You don't get paid extra for being clever!

Michael Pizzolla

fpolk

Post by fpolk » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:18 pm

I know the video sessions did not go all that well but I still think its worthwhile to try a few more - maybe have some designated topics, and designated presenters/discussers, with the entire group invited to join and participate in discussions and Q&A.

As to materials/videos. we have plenty of materials. Hours of videos, most of which I have viewed superficially. And I'm guessing that there may be a few other wizards who skipped a few. Soooo, I suggest selecting some of the greatest hits and then discuss one or two on this board for a month or two and then on to another selected video, and repeat. Designate a moderator or two to make sure there is a discussion.

And then I only want a few tweaks to VC.... (!)
I suggest that we be given the ability to pull some columns from Black Magic (or a few new songs) over to the VC screen - this would include APV, R/S, E/S, HFC (horse for course (new)) and HFD (horse for distance (new)). Also very swell to be able to sort by a few selected numbers in VC, like MP, LF...and not just the MP used for odds - but all MPs so you can get a feel for who runs what (at a glance)
If you have them without too much trouble, better trainer and jocj stats and better Turf and Off ratings

Dats all for now - more later!

Cheers, Frank

M_Walk

Post by M_Walk » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:22 am

Frank, I tried to suggest that about the numbers back in 2018. I never understood the reasoning for having to go back into Black Magic to see the numbers or AFP's etc. When you right click on any column a list of everything that's available should appear and the user could setup their screen as they like it. I never purchased VC because I just didn't like that I couldn't customize the summary screen to my own liking. I even emailed Michael some of my Ideas I had. The photo shows a concept called TH or Target Hits! The user could set how many points within the target a horse has ran. Let's say you set your target hits setting at 2.5. The TH box would show you how many times the horse has ran within 2.5 points of the target and show you in parentheses 2(9) how many races are listed in the form cycle.

https://www.handicappingwizards.com/vie ... 931#p58931
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark Walker!

fpolk

Post by fpolk » Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:33 pm

Yes, I suggested the same thing shortly after VC came out - but there was no interest in changing VC after all the work they put in the program to get it ready for release. I think now may be the time!?