Very Sad News...

Welcome to the Wizards' Forum!
profiler8

Re: Very Sad News...

Post by profiler8 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:17 am

It is unbelieveable to me.
I met Michael at the Red Rock seminar in Las Vegas some years ago. It was a great time to learn from Michael there. I am very thankful, that I met Michael. He influence my live positively. Thank you very much for that.
He was such a kind, friendly and helpful person.
You will be missed!

Tim from Germany

piper715

Post by piper715 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:03 pm

My first post, but a member for over 8 years, I never meant or wrote to Mr Pizzola , but I learned a lot from his
books and software. I am very ,broken hearted, Rest in Peace and May God bless your family in their lost.

tmkillian

Post by tmkillian » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:49 pm

Just wish to say ditto to all the sentiments and accolades expressed by all my fellow valuecappers. Though I only spoke with him a few times (I've been a follwer of his for almost 20 yrs) I feel I have lost a great friend. Michael was truly a special individual. R.I.P. Michael and God Bless your family. Tom Killian

ronestes

Post by ronestes » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:34 pm

Nice man, Will be missed by all

japollak

Post by japollak » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:00 pm

I am really sorry to hear this news. I have been a follower since I first read Handicapping Magic back in 2000. Like many, Michael personally helped me with Valuecapping via email.

Jay

loblolly74

Post by loblolly74 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:27 pm

That was such a shock to hear! I've known Michael for the past 15 years, he's always been a gentleman and scholar, with honest help with any problems I might be having with Blam

(chuckle) I just about had Michael pulling his hair out trying to get my brain back in sinc after I flat lined for a bit after a heart problem.

RIP old friend, the horses and many good cappers will miss you

Loblolly 74
Rich Franklin
Yep, I;m still playing

dlstetler

Post by dlstetler » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:14 pm

Rest in peace Michael. Thank you for sharing your life's work with all of us. You were simply the best ever.

Lon
Wisconsin Dells, Wi

bradh

Post by bradh » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:55 pm

Michael was an amazing teacher and an impressive person to watch in action. I owe much of my success in handicapping and in my vocation to him. He taught us to question what everyone understood to be the "facts" in the handicapping game and this thinking was useful in so many ways.

Still hasn't registered that he's gone and my condolences to his family and friends.

Thank you Michael for everything you taught us.

wolsons

Post by wolsons » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:04 pm

To me, this came out of nowhere. From my occasional email correspondence with Michael, he never failed to respond quickly, with great civility, and with an unfailingly positive demeanor. I've been a follower since Handicapping Magic was first published, and everything I do now is in one way or another based on his work. A true genius, he will be sorely missed.

My condolences to his loved ones, may he rest in peace.

Steve Wolson

sdaa

Post by sdaa » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:01 am

Very sad. Within a span of two years, we have lost two giants who have helped me immeasurably in this game: Michael and blackgold.

Very recently, I had a problem with my Valuecapper USB device. It was Michael himself who helped me with the issue and eventually provided me with a new, undamaged device.

I still cannot absorb all this. My condolences to his family.

Scott